Discover the program OF
the 2023 EDITION
AXEMA organizes each year a technical & scientific conference “AGRITECH DAY” to highlight technologies and innovations of agricultural machinery sector.
Initially called « Rendez-vous Technique AXEMA », the annual conference is organized by AXEMA since 2017.
Every year, AGRITECH DAY also proposes to take part of an Ag-Manufacturer facility visit.
create an opportunity to bring together R&D experts, academics and researchers
The project to launch an annual symposium was initiated by AXEMA technical committee in 2016, aiming to create an opportunity to bring together R&D experts, academics and researchers from all over the world to share expertise on new farming practices, and on innovative equipment development within the agricultural sector.
The objectives of AGRITECH DAY are the following:
- Present and share latest agricultural machinery innovations and new technologies.
- Provide an opportunity for annual meetings between industry experts, academics and researches to discuss and share the most recent innovations as well as practical challenges encountered in the agricultural equipment’s field.
- Interest universities and laboratories to the demands and challenges of agro-equipment R&D sector.
- Attract engineering students to pursue job opportunities the agricultural equipment’s field.
Who THIS conference IS for ?
AGRITECH DAY is intended to a broader technical audience:
- Agricultural equipment manufacturers
- Components and subassemblies suppliers (hydraulics, drive systems, automation, electronics, IT and communication technology, robotics …)
- Technical institutes and research laboratories
- Engineering schools and universities
- Engineering and consulting companies.
- Journalists interested in discovering the sector, meeting and exchanging with agricultural machinery specialists
- Anyone keen to discover the latest innovations and technologies of agricultural machinery sector.
CONFERENCE SESSIONS FORMATS
AGRITECH DAY is a one day event of successive plenary sessions, 30 min thematic sessions and poster sessions.
The plenary is a sequence of opening / closing of the day on a cross-cutting technical topic related to the theme of the day. The plenary session offers a perspective on the R&D of our sector, or a different look at a technical subject related to agricultural equipment. It is often led by a researcher, an expert, a sociologist, or even a representative of a governmental or institutional body.
Posters are physical materials displayed in a dedicated area and accessible throughout the day. Authors can describe the subject of their technical presentation at the beginning of the conference during a 2min pitch session. Participants interested in the subject can then come and discuss the poster with the author during the breaks provided for this purpose, or at any other time during the day.
The posters, of which there are about 15 per edition, are presentations selected from the “Poster” call for papers or papers not selected by the Jury for an oral intervention, but proposed as posters.
Throughout the day, twenty or so 30-minute technical presentations (20 minutes of presentation + 10 minutes of discussion with the audience) grouped by theme follow one another on the innovations of the sector.
Unlike the plenary sessions, which are open to all participants at the same time, the thematic sessions are held in parallel in two separate rooms, allowing participants to choose from the programme the presentations that interest them most.
These presentations are selected, following a call for papers, by the scientific and technical committee according to their scientific quality, their innovative and original character as well as their interest and relevance to agricultural engineering and market needs.The themes of these technical presentations are :
- Innovations in tractors, self-propelled, machinery and
- Methods for design and development of machinery : Simulation, Calculation and Tests
- Control of environmental impacts and machines contribution to the agro-ecological transition
- Transmissions and drive lines (mechanical, hydraulic,
- Digital agriculture,decision support tools,Data management, algorithms and software
- Robotics and autonomous machines
- Communication and interaction of systems and machinery, intelligent sensors, AI
- Advanced agronomic models
industrial PLANT visit
A visit to a nearby industrial site is offered to participants the day before the conference. This is an opportunity to discover the manufacturing process, the R&D or the testing facilities of an agricultural machinery company
“Through presentations with a strong scientific content, we can understand the challenges of agriculture, agronomy and society, but also, the technical solutions that exist or have to be developed to face them.
The size of the event ensures quality exchanges between speakers and participants, during or after the sessions. The organization, close to university campuses, allows us to raise awareness of our products and technologies among future engineers.
It is this fine balance of technical content, exchangeability and openness, that makes the success of AGRITECH DAY.”
“AGRITECH DAY is one of the must-attend events in agricultural equipment engineering in France and Europe. You can attend presentations or posters on a variety of key topics. We appreciate the split into themes and several rooms that allow everyone to build their day according to their interests.
All the presentations have a good technical level and the subjects are thoroughly discussed. Our R&D and product marketing teams appreciate the scientific rigor of the event combined with the conviviality of the organization. Whether you are more an agronomist or a technologist, there is always a choice for everyone. This is the strength of this event, which brings together academics and engineers/industrialists in the same place to discuss their current work… and why not, the future… “